Tuesday, December 4, 2007

What did he say?



Well, we kinda think The Boy said his first word yesterday. Much to my delight, that word was "Daddy." It is hard to know if this small utterance should be rightly referred to as his first word because it takes you by surprise when a baby who has, to this point, produced nothing but babble, suddenly says something. After he said it, Amanda and I looked at each other with expressions that clearly indicated our surprise. We think it was his first word because he said it again today, although not quite as clearly. I have been saying "Daddy" and pointing to myself in front of Kirby for the last several weeks. We are now working with him on the preamble to The Declaration of Independence.



In other speech news, our precocious little three year old has some interesting speech habits as well. This morning she announced to me that she "might have to get a new Daddy" because I was a bit dirty and told her I needed a shower. Later I asked her what she wanted to wear today. London wrinkled her nose, put her thumb and middle finger to her chin with her index finger touching her cheek as if to emulate Rodin's "The Thinker" and replied, "Let me think about that for a little bit."

I took The Boy outside yesterday and let him crawl around a bit. Much like his sister he was not fond of having his feet touch the grass. He did, however, take great delight in putting rocks in his mouth (see above photos - note the rock in his right hand).

London may be acquiring a new nickname - Mother London. She loves to tell Kirby "No!" We have to remind her that she is not his mother but she is three and at this age not a lot sinks in.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Your last little write up on the kids was very cute! I love that you call Kirby "The Boy".