Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Boy Turns TWO!!

I cannot even believe it's been two whole years since I brought my little man home from the hospital. *sigh* It's going by too fast!

We had a lovely, small get-together with neighbors after dinner on Sunday night followed by some caterpillar cupcakes:

The caterpillar cupcakes I found on the internet were much cuter but I'm trying. I figure by the time I'm really good at creating birthday cakes my kids will be old enough to beg me for store bought ones.
Here's a sample of my work before I figured out the proper hold on the icing nozzle:
And here's after:
Huge difference but they tasted the same.

My handsome, well-dressed, just-turned-two-year old:

The party-goers:

Kirby enjoys the head of the caterpillar. Some of you may remember Mommy fed him the head of his duck birthday cake last year. I think there may be some issues I should probably discuss with a professional.

Mmm...yummy caterpillar head!

It's time for presents! A new shirt from Mema in California:

Books, books and more books from Grammy & Papa:
The hit of the show - CARS!! Thank you, Mema!!
There were more presents to open but Kirby didn't care once he had his car-cars!

Ooh! A "moker-ki-kle" from the neighbors! Thank you, Johnsons!

And more track for the train set he got at Christmas from Mommy & Daddy.

Since you managed to scroll all the way down to the end of this post, here's a little video as a thank you! Enjoy!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Cute. Thank You for the pictures!! I can not believe it has been two years either.

Hugs, Mema

Unknown said...

That is too cute. no pun intended. I like the song you sang after he blew out the candle. I wish we could have been there. you look happy Amanda!
Hugs and kisses to the b-day boy!
Katrina

Andrea Hutchens RYT-500 said...

Sooooo cute!! Great job on the cupcakes!! What a handsome little man. Loves-Andrea

Unknown said...

Congrats on your award come to my Y'shua site to see.
katrina