Friday, November 16, 2007

Someone is confined to the couch today.

Something has gotten ahold of Baby Girl these last few days. It started on Wednesday when London began complaining of a sore throat and sore tummy. Her temp was only slightly elevated. She was a little worse off yesterday and spent time on & off the couch.

Last night, however, it all came to a head. In the middle of the night, she had the chills so bad that her shivers were actually shaking the bed. She felt considerably warm, so I gave her a dose of children's medicine to help bring down her fever. I wrapped a down blanket around her, but when that didn't do much to warm her, I snuggled up against her, resting her head on my arm. I was finally able to get the almost convulsive-like shivers quieted down when she looked up at me with a rather unusual look on her face. I thought to myself, "Oh! I know that look!" and in a split-second London was vomiting all over my shoulder, neck and chest. Three good heaves and she had me drenched! Not to mention, making a bit of a mess out of herself.

I got us cleaned up and changed and our vomit sprayed hair up in ponytails (I am NOT showering myself or bathing a child at 2 a.m.) and moved us down to the foot of the bed where we slept cross-wise the rest of the night. At that time, I checked her temp and she was at a whopping 104.6! Yikes! I opted not to give her anymore medicine since that was what seemed to kick off the ralphfest. Plus, I felt that her body needed to do it's work.

By morning, the fever had broken, and though physically spent, she's feeling a little better. I have confined her to the couch and we are having a children's video marathon. She's dozed off for now, getting some much needed sleep.

Now I wait for Kirby's turn.

No comments: